Awards & Scholarships Celebrating excellence in the business of art
The NBFA worked closely with donors to create numerous scholarships and awards that reflected donors’ interests and creative approaches to supporting the arts.
Nel Oudemans Memorial Scholarship
Established in 2002, in the name of the world known artisan, the Nel Oudemans Memorial Scholarship offers support for advanced studies in fine crafts. This juried scholarship will be awarded to the most promising candidate on the basis of the applications submitted.
- 2012 Kristin Bishop (jewellery/sculpture)
- 2011 Allison Green (textile)
- 2010 Rachel MacGillivray (textile)
- 2009 Heather Urdang (textile)
- 2008 Aidan Stanley (metal smith)
- 2007 Paula Stockdale (textile)
- 2006 Amanda Harmon (drawing)
- 2005 Jolène Dubé (sculpture)
- 2004 Lawrence Power (painting)
- 2003 Alison Murphy (textile)
J.D. Irving Arts and Cultural Partnership Award
Created in 2009, the J.D. Irving Arts and Cultural Partnership Award was given to recognize a public sector or private organization or institution, for the significant impact it had made through its innovative and unique contribution to raising the public profile of arts and culture in New Brunswick. When choosing the recipient, consideration was given to the total involvement of the organization, in areas such as, employee participation, monetary contributions, in-kind support of professional services or products, creation of jobs and inclusion of the art in the organizational culture.
- 2011 Kiwanis Club of Saint Andrews, for their support of the Sunbury Shores Arts & Nature Centre
- 2010 Brian Johnson, for his support of Gallery Connexion
- 2009 Parise Côté, Lori-Ann Cyr and Sylvain St-Onge, for their support of the Centre des arts de la petite église
Caisses populaires acadiennes Arts and Cultural Management Award
Created in 2009, the Caisses populaires acadiennes Arts and Cultural Management Award was given to recognize an individual who was the manager or the executive director of an arts organization. The award was given to celebrate excellence in professionalism, leadership, management, promotion, and exceptional contribution to the arts and cultural sector in New Brunswick.
- 2011 Tony Merzetti, NB Film Co-op
- 2010 Meredith Snider, Gallery Connexion
- 2009 Tim Yerxa, Fredericton Playhouse
TD Canada Trust Award for Arts Organization of the Year
Created in 2002, the TD Canada Trust Award for Arts Organization of the Year recognized and rewarded organizations who had distinguished themselves by their achievements and their contribution to the literary arts, performing arts (music, theatre and dance), cinematic arts (film and video), visual arts, craft, community cultural development or arts education.
- 2010 New Brunswick Youth Orchestra
- 2009 Frye Festival
- 2008 The New Brunswick Federation of Music Festival
- 2007 Saint John Theatre Company
- 2006 Gallery Connexion
- 2005 Festival acadien de Caraquet
- 2004 Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival
- 2003 Théâtre populaire d’Acadie
- 2002 New Brunswick Filmmakers’ Cooperative
Municipality of the Arts of the Year Award
Created in 2002, the Municipality of the Arts of the Year Award recognized a municipality in New Brunswick that had distinguished itself by its achievements and its contribution to the literary arts, performing arts (music, theatre and dance), cinematic arts (film and video), visual arts, craft, community cultural development or arts education.
- 2009 City of Fredericton
- 2005 City of Moncton
- 2004 City of Edmundston
- 2003 Town of Sackville
- 2002 Ville de Caraquet